Every week in the Multicultural Cooking Club our beautiful resident Chef Fatima sources delicious, healthy and easy to prepare meals for our snazzy members. As well as learning cooking skills, which are a must (I pompously preach even though I burn toast), at the end we all feast on the delicious food. Here, we will be posting the great successes and member favourites.
This amazing recipe was sourced from Sam Turnbull from http://itdoesnttastelikechicken.com
Vegan Wonton Soup
Chopped Mushrooms 1 cup (approx 100 grams)
Finely Chopped Walnuts 1/4 cup
Finely Chopped Green Onion 1 piece
Grated Fresh Ginger 1/4 piece
Minced Garlic 1 clove
Rice vinegar 1 tablespoon
Soy Sauce 2 teaspoons
Brown Sugar 1 teaspoon
Vegan Wonton Wrappers 20 pieces
Vegetable Broth 4 cups (approx 1 Litre)
Chopped Green Onions 2 pieces
1. Add all the seasonings along with the chopped mushrooms and walnuts to a bowl and toss to combine.
2. Set up your wonton wrappers next to a a bowl of the filling and a bowl of water.
3. Take one wrapper and put about 1 teaspoon of filling in the middle
4. Dip your finger in the water and brush it around the edges of the wonton
5. Fold over and firmly pinch the edges together to seal in the filling
Bring the vegetable broth to a bubbly boil and drop the wontons in one by one.
Boil for 5 minutes
Serve your delicious VEGAN dumpling soup and watch as all the non-vegans (including me) have their minds blown.